Sunday, August 23, 2015

Dry Docked

   I have not been on the water in months. Looking back on the summer as a whole, I probably went water sporting three times. I know it seems like this blog was abandoned, but I assure you it is not. Over the summer I took up a very important job and was working on art related things in order to propel me towards Savannah, Georgia. I was also traveling, reading, and dealing with a family tragedy. My heart belongs in a kayak, but sometimes we have to hang it up while we work on other things. But now that I am back at school and back on a schedule, I guarantee that I will begin to post much more frequently. They may not all be about kayaking, but I promise they will be entertaining.

  Summer is over and school is in session. I'd like to share the books that filled my summer break and give a short review of each one:
Phenomenal: not a bad choice to enhance your train ride to work or your BLT filled lunch break. 
Brain On Fire: My personal favorite. Helped me appreciate my health.
Invisible Man: Surprising to see what has changed and what hasn't since the time it was written.
Death of a Salesman: Obvious ending that I thought would be more of a metaphor...
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly: Absolutely beautiful. Go read it now.
Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?: Light and easy. You may or may not laugh out loud.
All the Light We Cannot See: Overrated, skip it, save your money and your time.
Hitchhiking with Larry David: Underrated and unknown. Diamond in the rough. Restored my faith in a few things.
Let's Pretend This Never Happened: I guarantee you'll have a good belly laugh every now and then, even if you don't admit to it.



No comments:

Post a Comment