Friday, September 5, 2014

Where's Brutus?

   Okay, so, this post isn't about a kayak excursion.  Instead, it's about the blog's new mascot. 
   An alligator named Brutus.  
   He is a 5 foot stuffed animal alligator that Sarah Anne got for me as a I'm-Sorry-I-Have-To-Go-To-College-While-You-Stay-Here-Without-Me gift.  Pretty darn sweet of her, I know.  
   He's one of the best things anyone has ever given me.  Partly because it was a complete surprise.  And I love surprises.. especially ones that are almost as big as I am.  He's life size and even better than a real alligator because I can hug him and he won't snap at me.  And the best part is, now I don't have to wait to get back on the yak in order to see a gator! There's a nice soft one chilling in my bed 24/7.  
   Also, the name Brutus, if you're an avid Disney fan, you may already know, but he's named after one of Medusa's alligators in The Rescuers. 
   So look out for Brutus, maybe one day I'll even take him out kayaking with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment